7.19.2010

A life captured through a lens.

Browsing for images for the last post on flickr I stumbled upon Horst Bernhart's photostream. His images are so beautiful, inspiring, and just bring a smile to my face. Well, just when I was about to login to send him a message to congratulate him on his fantastic talents and beautiful photos, I saw in his profile that he died last may 12th of esophageal cancer. Entirely sad. From seeing his memorial page created by his family I now know he lived a very full, very vibrant life, full of beauty, hard work and so many gratifying experiences. He has instantly become one of my inspirations for my life, to see things in a different way, to explore beyond what's initially offered, and to savor all life offers in the fullest way possible.

Here are some of my favorite photos from his flickr photostream (with Mr. Horst's original notes and captions underneath):








Mr. Horst, I take my hat off to you. I came to know of you too late to actually thank you in person for leaving this legacy of fantastic, inspiring photography on this earth for all of us to enjoy. I hope you are in a wonderful place where you can photograph all the mysteries of the universe for us. Rest in Peace.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...