9.09.2010

Ouna's Closet. So much more than a vintage store in Puerto Rico.

Hello My Loves!

I had wanted to show off and talk about our store since we opened here on the blog. About a million different things running through my head had made me forget to talk about exactly what goes on in our little vintage store in Puerto Rico :D
Our vintage shop is located on rd #2 in the Calico Court building's second floor, in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico.
This building has been here for more than 30 years, it started as a residence and evolved into a commercial building when the first shop, Calico House, opened its' doors. It now houses five stores, each with it's own look and aesthetic: Calico House, a high end fabrics shop; Lollipop, a children's boutique; Escarcha, a womens´contemporary fashion boutique; Chocolat, a children´s furniture and decorations shop; and my vintage/contemporary design shop, Ouna's Closet.
Ouna's Closet definitely stands away from this cozy crowd of shops with its' individuality and selection of excellently curated vintage clothing, handbags and accessories, as well as a very select group of contemporary jewelry and hair accessory Designers, called IN-Nova for Ouna's Closet.
The shop is a direct reflection of who I am, a lover of all things old and new, loving to mix stuff up to create a style rather than falling into trends. Because style is what we´re about, we constantly bring in fantastic pieces that complete your outfit and make you shine.

Every day is an adventure for me, as I always strive to show every single person that walks into my shop how to mix vintage and new and create a story all your own. I always tell my friends, it's so easy to make vintage your own. One piece is all it takes, be it a beautiful top, a funky necklace, an armful of bangles or a fantastic handbag to make you stand out from the crowd. In a world where the massification of fashion has lead us to cheaply made clothing and accessories that do not last, seeking out vintage serves a double purpose of honoring excellent craftsmanship and durability, as well as preserving our environment by recycling excellent goods that would otherwise end up in a landfill. And in today's current global situation, it's one of the best ways to "green" your impact on your environment, one fashionable outfit at a time.

Here at Ouna's we have an excellent selection of clothing from the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and a little bit of the 90's to keep things interesting :) as well as jewelry, handbags, hats, sunglasses, belts, scarves, and housewares from those eras. What makes us different from every other vintage store that has ever existed in Puerto Rico is that everything we sell is in excellent to near-excellent condition, and our vintage clothing is professionally cleaned and altered (be it a cuter sleeve, a modern hemline, or an adjustment to fit) so you can wear it the same day! Proof positive of this is our faithful friends and growing fans who visit us everyday (thanks for all your love!). But Ouna's Closet is so much more than vintage. It's a journey into discovering what your style is, a trip down memory lane for many, an opening of your heart to a new world that is all your own. I love it, every single day.


I also strive to bring the best of independent design to a wider audience with my "Colectivo" of wonderful indie designers, all of whom are from my patio, Puerto Rico. Full of talent, inspiration, and gusto, these lovely ladies and gents that I have come to know are a constant reminder to us all that art and creativity are alive here on our little island, and that we must support artistic expression in fashion especially, and give it a chance to shine in a bigger ballpark (although my space is only 266 feet long!) I have come to know some amazing designers and artists in Ouna's Closet, and I am so happy with the tight group we have right now that sell their wares at our shop. I am also constantly on the lookout for new talent to join, so who knows, it might be you I can be talking about! :D

Well, I hope this has inspired you to walk down that stylish road with us when you come to visit. I promise you won't be dissappointed, rather, you'll walk out a fashionable, inspiring style maven. Dare to turn heads, dare to stand out. At Ouna's Closet we will show you the reflection of your beautiful, stylish self that we have seen all along. We love you!

love and cupcakes,
Angela

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...