8.07.2011

Love: Orla Kiely.








I have been struck by a weekend obsession with Orla Kiely's whole mood and photographs for their past SS campaign. Love the colors, the lighting, and the nostalgia that they have so artfully evoked.

sadly their lookbook has the audio disabled, the song is Rooney's "Can't get enough"
Living on a tropical island has all the benefits of summer year-round. We don't have to bundle up too much for winter (a nice sweater will do) and our wardrobes can be so uncomplicated, bright and crisp. When all the shops here change their moods to the grays and blacks of colder climate winters it makes me sad, because I know I won't be able to update my wardrobe much until the "official coming of spring" at their shops.
Happily, in Ouna's Closet, it's spring/summer all year round, because I specifically have been curating the space more and more to have cottons and light, island-climate fabrics and prints. We do have a splash of neutrals and black, but just enough to mix with all the rest of the pretty colors.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...