5.17.2012

Nivializ by Joel Torres & Mónica Pérez.

I had the opportunity to lend the fabulous hairstylist/fashion photographer Joel Torres and the very talented stylist Mónica Pérez my clothing and accessories for a video shoot they did last month with puertorican model Nivializ. The video shoot is a relatively new concept here on the island, where instead of doing a photo shoot with a theme, it's in video form, like a story board. I loved Joel and Mónica's rendition of the gritty grunge 90's revival that fashion has going on right now, and what better way to honor the 90's than with vintage! I have to say, the 90's were my teenage years, and although there are some things I don't want to revisit (birkenstocks, yellow timberland boots and oversized tshirts) I am enjoying the Phoebe liberty print festival dresses, the Angela from My so-called life plaid shirts and pastel colored hair with flower crowns, very Drew Barrymore in her neo-hippie days (remember that dance she did on Letterman's desk where she flashed him? she looked so cute doing that!!!) Anyway, here are some stills from the video. Enjoy!

Nivializ Hair&makeup- Joel Torres Styling-monica perez fashion designer first outfit- Veronika Pagan ouna's closet- second outfit video & photos - joel torres music- Band of Skulls

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...