10.08.2012

The Ouna Girls : Mariely.








 
 

I met Mariely in 2009, a few months after I opened the shop. She was my first official model, and has worked with us ever since. Hailing from the island of Vieques, she always makes me laugh with her "frases de campo" which she and I both share, having come from similar backgrounds. She is fierce and sassy, and can give awesome posing without prompting, which is a talent very few models possess. I love our long conversations about everything and nothing in particular : she tells it like it is and makes no apologies for her sincerity, which I greatly admire.  I have had the pleasure of seeing her develop herself as a model on the island of Puerto Rico, which is a very difficult career to pursue professionally. Yet, she takes it all in stride, the good and the bad, and lets most things roll off her back, because she knows life holds incredible things for her. And you know what? She's right, it does.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...