10.12.2013

I travel once a year....

.....to new and exciting places, hunting for the vintage collections that inhabit Ouna's Closet.  I have already been to New York city countless times, Florida, and Boston. I have a personal goal to visit a new city in the US every year, until I get enough time to renew my passport so I can travel to Europe and Asia to hunt for vintage.


 Last year, I went to Arizona in July. I stayed with Rachel, owner of Waisted Vintage at her house, and it was an amazing week. Vintage shopping, barbeques, The Grand Canyon, rainbow ice cream, 100 degree weather. I had so much fun! We even met up with Cory, owner of online shop Luxie Vintage who lives in Arizona as well. It was such an amazing, whirlwind week. I am eternally grateful to Rachel for having opened the doors of her home to me and later for sending me my vintage finds back to Puerto Rico.


 Waisted Vintage on Etsy

This year my travels were in june (my birthday month!) and they took me to California.I had a bit of an ulterior motive to travel there this year: I was going to meet up with this cutie, who I had been seeing online for awhile:
The trip was amazing. I had thought to do some shopping, but had so much fun falling more in love with this man, that vintage was the last thing on my mind. We visited L.A., saw the Hollywood sign, the Walk of Fame, the Chinese Theater and Amoeba Records. We also went to Trump's golf course for a picnic overlooking the ocean; mini golf; and capped everything off with an amazing day at DisneyLand. My birthday was spent eating japanese food and kissing, lots of kissing with this wonderful man. I did squeeze in a couple of estate sales and some thrift stores, and did score vintage jewelry and some clothing, but was happy that I got to spend some time for myself and my blooming relationship with my man, something I had never allowed myself to do in my travels. 
Next year I want to do the "Longest yard sale in the world!" which spans 4 states and an entire weekend of sales. And I want to go to Florida, there is always amazing vintage to be had there. 
Thanks for reading!
xoxo,
Angela

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...